Sunday, November 18, 2007

Roseburg in the Summer

Is the best place to be. Jonathon and I saw Poison at the Douglas County fair, which was pure Roseburg trasher fun. Josiah saw the ocean for his first time. My parents went with us to the Oregon coast and my Dad suggested that we take Josiah to the beach where I saw the Ocean for the first time when I was a little girl. My family doesn't have many traditions and it was nice to get to pass something like that on to my son. Josiah loved the beach. He wasn't a big fan of getting into the Water but really who is a fan of getting into the ocean in Oregon, without a wet suit? I was looking at these pictures today and thinking about what a good time we had. Really life doesn't get much better than this. The simple joys of running on the beach, the fresh ocean breeze and a good family to share it with. Watch Josiah play reminded me so much of my childhood and the time I spent at the Coast when I was little. His delight at finding Crab shells and the Jellies that had was up on shore, reminded me of a little tom-boy I used to know. The best was watching him pull the big seaweeds around on the beach, it must be something intuitive with little kids because Jonathon and I both remarked on how we did the same thing when we were young. Sharing a life with child really is the best way to have a happy childhood.

No comments: